Latest Activity

Christine Clifford posted a discussion
Tuesday
Yuriko Nakano posted an event

Free event: SWORDS Showcase - Hypnotic Spoken Words from Romania at Barbican Library

March 14, 2024 from 6pm to 7pm
Mar 5
An event by GLE Website Comms Team was featured
Thumbnail

Differently Various Art Exhibition at different spaces

March 5, 2024 to April 7, 2024
Mar 5
GLE Website Comms Team posted an event
Thumbnail

Variously Different Art Exhibition at different spaces

March 5, 2024 to April 7, 2024
Mar 5

Facebook

There are four Golden Lane Estate related facebook accounts and you can follow them here: goldenlaneEC1 

Golden Lane Estate / RCS site 

Save Bernard Morgan House

City of London

Hi

If anyone's measuring the windows the sitting room one's bigger than that of the bedroom. I expect I'm the only one in GAH who thought they were the same size...

Consequently I have a brand new (in box) curtain rail which fits the sitting room but not bedroom. If anyone's interested please let me know; am looking for around 30.00.

They've finished my flat but I've not heard that anyone will be inspecting it with the actual resident which seems a bit unfortunate as there are a couple of things which I'm not sure should be as they are. Otherwise everything is in pretty good shape.

Views: 74

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good to hear that your windows are finally in.

What do you think of the replacement tinted windows on the ex-YMCA building? Personally I feel that they provide external visual uniformity to the building, and omit the need for internal blinds/rollers/curtains. I believe they also provide increased heat insulation, whilst filtering the suns rays.

Should this option have been considered for Great Arthur House, and for the blocks which are due replacements?

If it was a new build fine, but I think these replacements shouldn't have been tinted. Think that answers your question.

I've think there are a few external additions too which is a pity.

I like how the external stairs have been encased with plain glass, makes the stairwell warmer, increasing the environmental rating for the whole building, reducing heat loss. There are many ways that glass can be used sympathetically within listed buildings.

The entrances to Golden Lane Estate buildings, originally had no glass entrance protection from the elements, the glass has reduced heat loss, helped with security. There are quite a few stair wells, which in my opinion need to have glass, reducing energy loss, limiting airborne dust clouds, reducing pollution damage to the paintwork, and increasing security.

I would like to see all future City building developments within the City to be fully carbon neutral, where glass is used - to ensure that it is the very latest, which visually does not look like solar panels, however it acts like solar panels generating electricity, minimising heat loss.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Paul Lincoln.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service