Latest Activity

Christine Clifford posted a discussion
Tuesday
Yuriko Nakano posted an event

Free event: SWORDS Showcase - Hypnotic Spoken Words from Romania at Barbican Library

March 14, 2024 from 6pm to 7pm
Mar 5
GLE Website Comms Team posted an event
Thumbnail

Variously Different Art Exhibition at different spaces

March 5, 2024 to April 7, 2024
Mar 5
GLE Website Comms Team posted an event
Thumbnail

Pets Policy Consultation at Sir Ralph Perring Centre

March 5, 2024 from 5:30pm to 7pm
Mar 4

Facebook

There are four Golden Lane Estate related facebook accounts and you can follow them here: goldenlaneEC1 

Golden Lane Estate / RCS site 

Save Bernard Morgan House

City of London

Is there anyone in Golden Lane undertaking a kitchen restoration project?

I have TWO ORIGINAL stainless sinks - round 'conical' bowl with a lip that fitted underneath the teak work top.

These sinks were rescued in the 1980's from Golden Lane when I was resident there and I am offering each of them for sale. Please contact me for details. theshift@mypostoffice.co.uk

Rose Wallace

Views: 258

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Rose,
If there is spare one unsold, would appreciate if you are interested to contribute them to start building up the salvage store collection for Golden Lane Estate!
alan
Hello Alan,

Thanks for your enquiry, I think it is great that you a creating a restoration salvage for golden lane, I will keep this in mind. Could you consider picking up from Oxford which is where I live now? Regards Rose
Hi Rose, thanks for your reply. collection is not a problem, but let's wait and see if anybody likes to buy for their restoration. Speak soon!
Alan
hi rose,
my friend who is also a resident would like to buy one sink from you. he said he'll appreciate if you can contact him by email. pabloabellan@hotmail.com. thanks. alan
Just done so - thanks Alan
Hello I would be interested in acquiring - how much are you looking for?
Hello, I understand that you are interested in buying an original G. L. sink.

I am not sure what it is worth so was going to sell them to the highest two closed bidders who made contact before 1st August. I understand that you will need provenance and images to decide and this I will now arrange and send to you. I hope you will agree this is the fairest method. kind regards, rose

IF YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO SEND DETAILS PLEASE SEND ME YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS - THANKS theshift@mypostoffice.co.uk
hi its danielmarkwilson@googlemail.com
Hello Danny,

I'm afraid I honestly do not know how much they may be worth - that is why I had the idea of closed bids so that you can offer what they are worth to you as that seems the fairest method.

I will be in touch shortly with the promised images etc.
As promised here are the images. For simplicity, I will name them sink A & sink B.
Sink A - I have attempted to capture the details of its current condition visually, in addition these details are - there are 2 cut out sections in the rim, a slightly wavy edge on approximately one quarter of the rim, glue and fibreboard remains on the underside of rim inside 3 minor dents. However, the overall finish of this sinks surface is better than sink B.
Attachments:
more images
Attachments:
Sink B - this one has a complete rim with one kink, on inner surface 4 tiny dents and one slightly larger one, very feint greyish staining to 5% of the inner surface, silicone remains on the underside rim. This sink has been in use for 15 years more than sink A and it is showing wear. However, it is more complete and some resurfacing work would make a great difference.
Attachments:

RSS

© 2024   Created by Paul Lincoln.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service