Latest Activity

Christine Clifford posted a discussion
Tuesday
Yuriko Nakano posted an event

Free event: SWORDS Showcase - Hypnotic Spoken Words from Romania at Barbican Library

March 14, 2024 from 6pm to 7pm
Mar 5
An event by GLE Website Comms Team was featured
Thumbnail

Differently Various Art Exhibition at different spaces

March 5, 2024 to April 7, 2024
Mar 5
GLE Website Comms Team posted an event
Thumbnail

Variously Different Art Exhibition at different spaces

March 5, 2024 to April 7, 2024
Mar 5

Facebook

There are four Golden Lane Estate related facebook accounts and you can follow them here: goldenlaneEC1 

Golden Lane Estate / RCS site 

Save Bernard Morgan House

City of London

I was wondering why  the City of London is not connected to fibre optic broadband so I contacted BT openreach who seem to be the people that run the whole network. They replied that it is something to do with the green boxes that are on our streets and that they have no plans as of yet to change this. I asked why they are rolling out fibre optic to the outer reaches of the country but not in the heart of London. They admitted that the answer they gave didn't help me much. So I heard that Virgin are looking at rolling out fibre optic in the city and went to their website to voice my interest. 

If you are interested why not do the same at 

https://keepup.virginmedia.com/cablemystreet?buspart=uk_pre_b_na_in...

Views: 152

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Contact Steven Bage, City of London, Broadband Strategic Infrastructure Advisor.

If you look through the forum, you will see discussion about FTTC (Green boxes in the street) and the new technology on Middlesex Street Estate which is Fibre to our estate switch room.

My BT Broadband 18 month contract recently expired.  I rang BT and the guy I spoke to confirmed much of the above comments.  That said, I was able to lower my monthly broadband bill by £7-00 and by also paying a year`s line rental in advance, I saved around £32-00.   Funnily enough I did not need to use the "cancel" word hahaha.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Paul Lincoln.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service