Latest Activity

Christine Clifford posted a discussion
Tuesday
Yuriko Nakano posted an event

Free event: SWORDS Showcase - Hypnotic Spoken Words from Romania at Barbican Library

March 14, 2024 from 6pm to 7pm
Mar 5
An event by GLE Website Comms Team was featured
Thumbnail

Differently Various Art Exhibition at different spaces

March 5, 2024 to April 7, 2024
Mar 5
GLE Website Comms Team posted an event
Thumbnail

Variously Different Art Exhibition at different spaces

March 5, 2024 to April 7, 2024
Mar 5

Facebook

There are four Golden Lane Estate related facebook accounts and you can follow them here: goldenlaneEC1 

Golden Lane Estate / RCS site 

Save Bernard Morgan House

City of London

Hello everybody,

How ya all doin ? Im Kirill at 36 Cullum welch house.I`m a resident at the estate for 10 years. Would like to be nominated for a councillor in 2018.

Best wishes

Kirill

Views: 251

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Kirill, if you live on Golden Lane Estate, you have my vote automatically, have you been given the "Freedom" of the City? I can be a signatory if required. Good luck with your canvassing.

BR

Thank you very much.

Hussain said:

Hi Kirill, if you live on Golden Lane Estate, you have my vote automatically, have you been given the "Freedom" of the City? I can be a signatory if required. Good luck with your canvassing.

BR

Hussain, what is important to remember is not just voting for a candidate simply because they live on Golden Lane Estate, but voting for one who does but is also effective and actually cares about the residents, and who shows that they do.  I have lived here 25 years, so know from experience.  

I agree with you Maria, your experience is valuable. I have nearly 20 years of living on the Barbican and Golden Lane, which has certainly opened my eyes to deficiencies in certain councillors, and have a good idea of existing and potential candidates. I believe in wider participation, which will happen when City representatives are paid as is the case in all other parts of the UK.

With your City experience I would certainly vote for you, if you were to stand next time round. Golden Lane residents need to show the "established" City, whatever that means - as some councillors proudly say they are establishment, how democracy will change the City for the benefit for everyone including residents, as the "established" councillors continuously fail to listen to residents, democracy is powerful, complacency will be the downfall off underperforming councillors.

I truly believe that all candidates initially stand with good intentions, however over time one can tell which ones really truly care for residents, or the business community.

Susan Pearson is a person who has shown time and time again her community credentials, as have Mary Durcan and William Pimlott too.

I am confident Kirill Korolev, will speak up for Golden Lane residents when elected.

Kirill, start giving us an idea of your thoughts, and policies please...

Thank you Hussain.  I would never consider standing for a councillor, as have, due to personal reasons, not the time or ability to be fully committed, and I am very open about my lack of suitability.  I totally agree with you that certain councillors are failing us, and that is a disgrace.  

Yes, Sue Pearson is the one and only person who lives on this Estate, who actually works hard for the interests of us residents.  I know her personally, and am very confident in her abilities.  I do not know Mary or William, but certainly respect and support anyone who puts the residents first.  After all, councillors are elected by the residents, and not the City, and should serve those residents as a priority.  

Hussain said:

I agree with you Maria, your experience is valuable. I have nearly 20 years of living on the Barbican and Golden Lane, which has certainly opened my eyes to deficiencies in certain councillors, and have a good idea of existing and potential candidates. I believe in wider participation, which will happen when City representatives are paid as is the case in all other parts of the UK.

With your City experience I would certainly vote for you, if you were to stand next time round. Golden Lane residents need to show the "established" City, whatever that means - as some councillors proudly say they are establishment, how democracy will change the City for the benefit for everyone including residents, as the "established" councillors continuously fail to listen to residents, democracy is powerful, complacency will be the downfall off underperforming councillors.

I truly believe that all candidates initially stand with good intentions, however over time one can tell which ones really truly care for residents, or the business community.

Susan Pearson is a person who has shown time and time again her community credentials, as have Mary Durcan and William Pimlott too.

I am confident Kirill Korolev, will speak up for Golden Lane residents when elected.

Kirill, start giving us an idea of your thoughts, and policies please...what are your views on the existing elected councillors? Would you be brave enough to challenge them?

Thank you everybody,for your view and reply to my current situation. Please, be patient as I`m in the process of forming my policies and limitations. I will be in touch within a month time on my thoughts to be a councillor in 2018.

Best wishes

Kirill

Someone living on Golden Lane is far better tuned to the issues that matter to Golden Lane, have a fuller understanding, and are prepared to listen to their fellow residents, where as someone who has not even engaged or introduced themselves to Golden Lane residents shows blatant arrogance. The most positive active candidates are Susan Pearson, Mary Durcan, and William Pimlott, they have taken time to engage, knocking on every door, they are engagers, they want to hold regular surgeries which is welcomed, whereas the complacent elected candidates can not even bother to engage, when did they last hold a regular surgery?

We all started life without any experience/s, experience is not essential, life's experiences help on the way. The City of London Corporation has training session for newly elected candidates, connecting with your electors, with a desire to make positive changes, challenging policy, having an open mind to make and ensure changes happen.

Good luck to all.

Bad news Kirill - City Ward Elections are only every 4 years.

You'll have to wait until 2021 if you want to try.

Mr David. How are you? It was nice to see you on the meeting about Article 50. Well, I have more time to get focused. Taa

Kirill, there is an Aldermanic Ward Election in Aldersgate Ward this May 2017, why not register for that, time is running short, if interested do it asap, good luck.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Paul Lincoln.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service