Latest Activity

Joe Duke replied to Hannah goslin's discussion Moving boxes for sale
"Here take my mobile 07908004926, maybe easier to set a time. Let me know if around later otherwise hopefully some point this week. Joe"
6 minutes ago
Hannah goslin replied to Hannah goslin's discussion Moving boxes for sale
"Hi Joe I might be back by 6 tonight but can't do weds unfortunately"
45 minutes ago
Joe Duke replied to Hannah goslin's discussion Moving boxes for sale
"I am free in the day and early evening up to 6:30pm tomorrow. Or Wednesday evening I am in, if that works better for you?"
13 hours ago
Hannah goslin replied to Hannah goslin's discussion Christmas tree
"Thank you"
16 hours ago

Forum

HEALTH & WELLBEING

146 discussions

ESTATE OFFICE ANNOUNCEMENTS

608 discussions

GENERAL COMMENTS & QUERIES

1366 discussions

MAJOR WORKS & PROJECTS

121 discussions

COLPAI

Site of former Richard Cloudesley School

168 discussions

BERNARD MORGAN HOUSE

16 discussions

COMMUNITY CENTRE

21 discussions

ITEMS FOR SALE OR RECYCLE

225 discussions

@GoldenLaneEC1

Text Box

Facebook

There are four Golden Lane Estate related facebook accounts and you can follow them here: goldenlaneEC1 

Golden Lane Estate / RCS site 

Save Bernard Morgan House

City of London

Has anyone else been experiencing problems with reception for the ITV and C4, More 4, E4, etc. channels since New Year?

Views: 3632

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

On behalf of the City of London I would like to apologise to those residents who are excperiencing problems with their television reception.

Problems appear to be individually based rather than across the entire estate or block which  makes it difficult to identify the cause of the problems. This is why we have asked residents to report their defect directly to MDTV who are our designated contractor.

However I am currently in liasion with the contractor and as soon as I have further details as to where the problem lies, I will ensure that you are made aware.

Laurence Jones

Estate Manager

Unfortunately, Laurence has not answered my email, and not addressed the points I put to him, so will send him another one.

Just to let everyone know I have received an email from Laurence, which is as follows:

Dear Maria

 

Thank you for your e-mail.

 

All repairs and this include problems with television reception should be reported directly to the contractor. This procedure has been in place for a number of years.

The reason residents are asked to do so as it allows the contractor to ascertain the problems first hand rather than through a third party.

I can only apologise if staff have given conflicting information and I will now  discuss this with all staff members so as to ensure the same message is conveyed.

 

As stated in my post on the GL website, not all residents seem to have a problem and  I am trying to ascertain and identify those who are having issues.

 

From the GL website, a true picture cannot be ascertained as only a few individuals have been involved in the discussion thread. Therefore, it you can let me have the addresses of those who have contacted you or ask them to contact myself directly, I can then determine how best to deal with this matter.

 

Regards

 

Laurence

 

I just want to inform all those who spoke to me about this issue that I will certainly not be giving Laurence any personal addresses as I feel this is totally inappropriate, but I do know that those who have spoken to me have contacted the Estate Office regarding the aerial problems, so they should have a record of this anyway for Laurence to look into. 

It is also unfair for residents to have to contact the aerial company, only not to receive a reply etc.  As is clear, the COL employ the company so they are directly responsible. 

Trying to watch channel four as I type, 21:30, its barely watchable.

Hi Nathan.  There is a residents' meeting next Tuesday, which I understand Laurence will be attending.  I will, if necessary, raise the issue again at the meeting. 

Hi Maria

Maybe you should give Laurence the addresses of the people who are having problems with their reception.  That way he can see how many of us there really are.  I don't know what anyone else thinks of this idea.  The more of us who go to the meeting the better - so that if you raise the problem then we can speak up if we need to.

All the best

Kathy
 
Maria Elizabeth Prior said:

Hi Nathan.  There is a residents' meeting next Tuesday, which I understand Laurence will be attending.  I will, if necessary, raise the issue again at the meeting. 

As some residents have not raised their concerns  to MDTV or the estate office, we are unsure as to how many residents are actually affected. A letter is being delivered to all residents in Cullum Welch and Crescent House asking that in this instance only they now contact the estate office letting us know if they are affected and the nature of the problem they are experiencing.

The contractor will be undertaking a full maintenance check of the system on Thursday 13 February so it will be great to know by this date exactly who are affected.

 

Laurence Jones

Estate Manager

I live in Great Arthur House. I have had problems with my TV reception since mid December.  Looking  at the comments written here, it seems the problem is estate wide. 

this is happening in great arthur house too

Laurence Jones said:

As some residents have not raised their concerns  to MDTV or the estate office, we are unsure as to how many residents are actually affected. A letter is being delivered to all residents in Cullum Welch and Crescent House asking that in this instance only they now contact the estate office letting us know if they are affected and the nature of the problem they are experiencing.

The contractor will be undertaking a full maintenance check of the system on Thursday 13 February so it will be great to know by this date exactly who are affected.

 

Laurence Jones

Estate Manager

Just a thought, if you live high enough in GAH maybe you would be able to use your own aerial, indoor or out, and then you would be lucky enough not to be beholden to the first rate speedy services of the Corp and the contractors employed by them. I suppose we should be grateful that they are coming out on the 13th, so fast, so efficient, imagine its  over a month and already they are coming out. Christmas TV unwatchable, and now the winter Olympics, marvellous

Hi Christine.  You are absolutely right in that anyone who has a problem with their TV reception should report it to the Estate Office, because the COL are responsible, as the Landlord.  Unfortunately, have been informed that some residents have done so, but, have not got very far.  However, having written a couple of emails, as the block rep for Crescent House, at last it seems notice has been taken.  But, as it now appears, the problem is wider.  Some have tried directly to report it to MD TV, on advice from the Estate Office, but have had no luck getting through.  Therefore, as the COL employ this company they are the ones who must take responsibility for this situation. 

Hi Kathy.  I cannot give any addresses as technically I would be in a Breach of Confidentiality to do so.  I have experienced this phrase been thrown at me on a couple of occasions, by the Estate Office, when I have asked for the most simplest of things, so am hardly likely to give them the chance to 'accuse' me of the same.  Am surprised Laurence asked me to do so, but then maybe I'm not!
 
Kathleen Comiskey said:

Hi Maria

Maybe you should give Laurence the addresses of the people who are having problems with their reception.  That way he can see how many of us there really are.  I don't know what anyone else thinks of this idea.  The more of us who go to the meeting the better - so that if you raise the problem then we can speak up if we need to.

All the best

Kathy
 
Maria Elizabeth Prior said:

Hi Nathan.  There is a residents' meeting next Tuesday, which I understand Laurence will be attending.  I will, if necessary, raise the issue again at the meeting. 

RSS

© 2022   Created by Paul Lincoln.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service